To be eligible to receive funding you must fit the following criteria:
- Be a not-for-profit, third sector, voluntary, community organisation/group or registered charity (provider)
- Funding will be to support the creation and development of new community groups that support people with a diagnosis of dementia and/or their carer.
- People with dementia must be registered with a Doncaster GP.
- Have a bank or building society account where at least two signatories are required to draw funds
- Have a governing document that has a minimum of name, aim and membership
- Have evidence of community involvement in the application
Applications can be submitted for a maximum amount of £5000 (there is no minimum)
DonMentia is interested in supporting:
- Providers operating in areas of Doncaster without such dementia focused groups
- Providers who aim to create and develop new groups that support people affected by dementia who often miss out on support. Such groups could be those that support people with Young Onset Dementia, Young Carers, Elders Groups and people living alone with dementia.
What the DCDF can be used for:
- to pay for building rents
- to purchase equipment
- to subsidise catering arrangements
- to support attendees transport arrangements
- to recruit and train volunteers
What the DCDF fund cannot be used for
- staff wages and/or expenses
- staff uniforms
- staff training.
What DonMentia expects in return
DonMentia would like to receive a brief performance report each quarter before payment is made that includes:
- The number of people who have attended the group over the quarter
- The number of new and existing attendees.
- The breakdown of attendees into people with dementia and carers, gender and ages
- The numbers of attendees supported to access Direct Payments/personal budgets.
- Keep a record of the different activities performed/delivered
- A feedback sample of attendees using a simple Quality of Life questionnaire (ACQol and or ADQol would be an example)
- With consent, to share photos, videos and people’s experience of attending the group to be used on the DonMentia website and DonMentia activities.
- Attend an annual DonMentia Celebration Event to share what you have done
- Complete application form.
- DonMentia Trustees meet monthly and will respond to each application individually.
Payment of fund
- This will be made quarterly to the providers bank account on creation of the group and then on receipt of quarterly performance report
- Fund will cover one year. Further support maybe considered after one year on a “match funding” basis
Applications will not be accepted for activities promoting religious beliefs, political activities or goods that have already been bought or ordered.
The link to the online application can be found below.
Or if you prefer to post a printed version then please request a postal address
If you would like help and support to complete your application or if you would like to talk through your ideas, then please contact Wayne Goddard, DonMentia Trustee directly via email – W_GODDARD@SKY.COM or by phoning 07879 461795